The H.A.A.A. Grounds is the oldest sports park in Hamilton. The H.A.A.A. Grounds site was used by the Hamilton Cricket Club in 1874. Lacrosse and rugby were also played here. In 1910, the Hamilton Cricket Club joined with the Tiger Rugby Club to form the Hamilton Amateur Athletic Association. In October 1910, the Grey Cup was played here. The grounds have been owned by the City of Hamilton since 1945.