This group contains all locations participating in Doors Open 2009. For more information about this event please visit: http://www.doorsopenhamilton.ca/
The building that would become known as Whitehern was built between 1848 and 1850 for city clerk and attorney Richard Duggan. The house was purchased by Dr. Calvin McQuesten in 1852.
Central Presbyterian Church
Central Presbyterian Church is located on the corner of Caroline and Charlton. The building was designed by architect John M. Lyle and built in 1908.
MacNab Street Presbyterian Church
Built in 1856-1857. The congregation of the MacNab Street Presbyterian Church formed as on offshoot of the Knox Free Church located on James & Cannon Streets.
St Pauls Presbyterian Church
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church was originally called St. Andrew's. The current building was erected between 1854 and 1857.
St Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church
St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church was built in the East End of Hamilton in 1974. It sits at the northwest corner of Barton Street East and Division Street. It was built in a Serbo-Byzantine Style.
Battlefield House was constructed around 1796. It was the home of the widow Mary Jones Gage and her two children, James and Elizabeth, who had journeyed to the area from New York State in 1790.
Former Vincent Massey School
The Former Vincent Massey School now houses the Hamilton Educational Archives and the Hamilton Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society.
The Griffin House, built circa 1828, sits atop a hill on Mineral Springs Road in the Dundas Valley. Griffin House is a Hamilton Civic Museum.
St Marys Roman Catholic Pro Cathedral
St Mary's Roman Catholic Church was erected in 1860 as the Cathedral of the Bishop of Hamilton. In 1921, when the Cathedral of Christ the King was erected, St Mary's became the Pro-Cathedral.