The Griffin House, built circa 1828, sits atop a hill on Mineral Springs Road in the Dundas Valley. Griffin House is a Hamilton Civic Museum.
Central Presbyterian Church
Central Presbyterian Church is located on the corner of Caroline and Charlton. The building was designed by architect John M. Lyle and built in 1908.
Christs Church Cathedral
Christ's Church Cathedral is located on James Street North in the Beasley Neighbourhood. The current building is the second church to stand in this location and was built between 1853 and 1875.
Conservatory of Music
The Hamilton Conservatory of Music building was built here in 1905 after operations outgrew the original location, a rented building at Main and Charles. The Conservatory closed in 1980, but the building was saved and the Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts opened here in 1998.
Located on the north east corner of James Street North and King William. The current Lister Block was erected on the site of the old Lister Chambers after the Chambers were ravaged by fire in 1923. The Block closed in 1995.
MacNab Street Presbyterian Church
Built in 1856-1857. The congregation of the MacNab Street Presbyterian Church formed as on offshoot of the Knox Free Church located on James & Cannon Streets.
St Pauls Presbyterian Church
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church was originally called St. Andrew's. The current building was erected between 1854 and 1857.
Treble Hall, one of the finest surviving examples of Renaissance Revival style architecture in Hamilton, was designed by James Balfour, and erected in 1879.
The building that would become known as Whitehern was built between 1848 and 1850 for city clerk and attorney Richard Duggan. The house was purchased by Dr. Calvin McQuesten in 1852.
William Pring House
William Pring, appointed Surveyor of Customs in 1851, had this house built in 1855 for himself and his family.
Built in 1860. Custom House is currently home to the Ontario Workers Arts and Heritage Museum.
Located on Sherman Avenue North, in the industrial area of Hamilton, this cotton mill was built in 1900 and originally named the Imperial Cotton Company. Today, 270 Sherman has been repurposed as a creative complex, with craft workshops, artist studios and office space.
St Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church
St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church was built in the East End of Hamilton in 1974. It sits at the northwest corner of Barton Street East and Division Street. It was built in a Serbo-Byzantine Style.
Stinson Street School
The original Stinson Street School was built in 1894-1895. The building was designed by local architect Alfred W. Peene in a Romanesque Revival style inspired by American Architect Henry Hobson Richardson.
Former Vincent Massey School
The Former Vincent Massey School now houses the Hamilton Educational Archives and the Hamilton Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society.
Battlefield House was constructed around 1796. It was the home of the widow Mary Jones Gage and her two children, James and Elizabeth, who had journeyed to the area from New York State in 1790.