Date Destroyed: 1915
The first mill opened at Albion Falls around 1800. This area was one of the earliest settlements in the Hamilton region. Mills were extremely important to the early, agriculture-based, economy of the area. The presence of the mill at Albion spurred development of the small village of Mount Albion which included blacksmith shops, inns and a general store. In 1907, the owner of the mill, Robert Grassie, was killed in an accident at the mill. The mill was demolished in the spring of 1915.