Cathedral of Christ the King

Tags: Church, Stone, Strathcona, West Hamilton

Address: 714 King Street West
Date Built: 1930-1933  

Christ the King Cathedral opened in 1933. It was designed by local architects Hutton and Souter and built by the Pigott Construction Company. The was a major fire here in 1981, which destroyed much of the original interior woodwork.


Exterior Images:


Front View of the CathedralStatue and window detailThe Cathedral At NightFront Of The CathedralLooking Up At The CathedralStonework At The Top Of The CathedralThe Cathedral From A Low AngleSide Of The Stairway Leading To The CathedralStairs Up To The Wooden DoorsStone Stairs From The Front LawnFront Entrance To The CathedralCorner Stonework DetailingDetailing Of Closeup StoneworkStatue On The CathedralStatue At The Top Of The CathedralStatue With SwordStone AngelCarving And Latin TextOld Door KnockersChristus Carving On Wooden DoorCarving On Wooden DoorDoor KnockersCloseup Of A Metal Door KnockerBuilding Adjacent To The CathedralSide EntranceStairs Leading Up To Side EntranceLight Reflections In Stone WallAttic Window And Stone ChimneySide Alcove With Stone Walls And WindowsCathedral And Tower From The SideBack Window Of CathedralFront Circular Window At NightFront Wooden Cathedral Door At NightLower Cathedral Stairs At NightStonework On The Cathedral StairsCathedral of Christ the King