Rock Castle

Tags: Corktown, House, Stone

Address: 95 Arkeldun Avenue
Date Built: 1848  

Built in 1848 and originally owned by Alexander Carpenter of the Gurney and Carpenter foundry company. It was later known as Rannoch Lodge, being renamed by Thomas Patterson MP.

Source: Hamilton LACAC (Municipal Heritage Committee) Hamilton's Heritage Volume 1 Second Edition


Exterior Images:


Rock Castle wide angleRock Castle balcony and privyRock Castle gardenRock Castle from Arkledun Avenue

Interior Images:


Rock Castle floor detailRock Castle exposed wallRock Castle dining roomRock Castle living roomRock Castle ceiling detail