Address: 314 Wilson Street East
Date Built: 1860
On the plaque:
This is a good example of an 1860's village house. At that time its owner, Richard Hammill was a village grocer and butcher. He resided here until his death in 1895. This is a pleasant blending of architectural styles with Neo-Classical lines around the lower openings. Functional side windows and a transom highlight the front entrance. The intricate pattern of the barge-board offsets the straight Gothic lines of the gable window. Under Municipal ownership since 1947 it has been used for varied administrative office.