Ancaster is one of the oldest communities in the Hamilton Area. It's many creeks were harnessed to power mills.
The Garnett House
This house was built in 1969 for the Garnett Family by architect Anthony Butler.
1285 Hwy 52
A house was once located on this spot. It has since been bulldozed and pushed into Summit Bog. It stood between the Bog and the Railway.
Ancaster Old Mill
The present Old Mill was constructed in 1863, on the same location as previous mills. This flour mill harnessed the power of Ancaster Creek.
Bethel Church Cemetery
Located in the northwest corner of Ancaster Township, on Bethel Church Road. The oldest known burial dates to 1844. A Methodist church was erected beside the cemetery in the 1860s.
The stone Brandon House located at the corner of Wilson Street East and Rousseaux Street.
Dr Henry Orton House
The Dr. Henry Orton House was built in 1846. The second floor was added at a later date.
The old Foundry in Ancaster.
The Griffin House, built circa 1828, sits atop a hill on Mineral Springs Road in the Dundas Valley. Griffin House is a Hamilton Civic Museum.
Israel Dawdy, landholder and military figure (1769-1851), built Harmony Hall between 1816 and 1819, living there with his wife Anna until his death in 1851.
The Hermitage was a mansion built in Ancaster in 1855. The house was destroyed by fire in 1934. The ruins of this mansion exist in the Dundas Valley Conservation area.
Old Stone Chimney Ruins
The ruins of an old stone chimney is located just above the parking lot of Tiffany Falls in the forest. Made from local stone, it also has an internal structure made from brick.
St Johns Cemetery
The St. Johns Cemetery is located behind St. Johns Church in Ancaster.
St Johns Church
St. Johns Church was built in the late Gothic Revival style in 1869.
The Gurnett Store
The Gurnett Store located in Ancaster on Wilson Street was once the general store for the area.
The Marr Phillipo House
The Marr Phillipo House is a historic stone house located on Wilson Street East in Ancaster, Ontario.
The Roscoe House
The Roscoe House was designed by architect Stanley Roscoe in 1955 as his personal
residence. Stanley Roscoe also designed Hamilton's City Hall in 1959.
The Summit Station
Summit Station was located on the railway beside Summit Bog, in Summit, Ontario. Only the remains of the water tower exist.
The Union Hotel
The Union Hotel was located on Wilson Street East in Ancaster, Ontario.
Tiffany Creek Tunnel
The historic tunnel under Wilson Street as it goes down the escarpment which allows Tiffany Creek to pass under.
Waugh Family Plot
The Waugh Plot is located under the cover of trees on a small knoll in a farmfield close to Summit, Ontario.
Foundation On Hendry Lane
This foundation is on the east side of present day Hendry Lane, slightly north of where Mill Street joins it. The original Hendry lane was slightly east of the current roadbed and it seems as though this foundation may have been in the way at one time depending on the age of it.