Harmony Hall

Tags: Ancaster

Address: 335 Lima Court
Date Built: 1816  

Israel Dawdy (1769-1851), a landholder and military officer, built Harmony Hall between 1816 and 1819, living there with his wife Anna until his death in 1851. 1 Israel Dawdy presumably served in the War of 1812. He is listed as a Captain in the 1st Regiment of the Gore Militia in 1821. 2 Ann Dawdy died in 1859 and is buried at nearby Garner Cemetery. 3


1Hamilton LACAC (Municipal Heritage Committee) Hamilton's Heritage Volume 5: Reasons for Designation Under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act
2The Gore District Militia of 1821-1824-1830 and 1838 ; [and] The Militia of West York and West Lincoln of 1804, with the lists of officers : together with some historical and biographical notes on the militia within the territory at present constituting the County of Wentworth, in the years named
3Interment.net: Garner Cemetery


Exterior Images:


Front Of Harmony Hall HouseSide Of Harmony Hall HouseSide Wall Of Harmony HallEntrance To Harmony Hall