Treble Hall, one of the finest surviving examples of Renaissance Revival style architecture in Hamilton, was designed by James Balfour, and erected in 1879.
The businessman, Henry J. Larkin, owned the site, and planned to use the building to house retail shops, offices, and a large meeting hall. Thus it is puzzling that the inscription atop the building reads "Treble Hall" and not "Larkin Hall", because the Treble family did not purchase the Hall until 1893 -- well after its completion.
Written by: Bill Manson
Search for Books at Chapters