Richardson Farmer Ashworth House
Also known as Sunny Side, this historic home is located on Wilson Street in Ancaster. On the plaque:
This wedding present home was built in 1872-73 by David Richardson for his son, Henry, who practised medicine from here until his death in 1894. Always associated with Doctors, it was the residence of Dr. George D. Farmer for 31 years. Combining Georgian and Italianate features it also shows Mid-Victorian taste. The wide doorway with pilasters, side-lights and transom, the round-headed window, the pedimented and projecting bay, the high hip-roof, the large brackets and the shuttered double windows all add to its imposing appearance.
1981 - Ancaster Township Historical Society and LALAC