Buildings made out of stone.
The building that would become known as Whitehern was built between 1848 and 1850 for city clerk and attorney Richard Duggan. The house was purchased by Dr. Calvin McQuesten in 1852.
Ballinahinch was built for Hamilton merchant Aeneas Sage Kennedy in the 1850's. It was used temporarily used as a hospital during the Spanish Influenza pandemic of 1918-1919.
MacNab Street Presbyterian Church
Built in 1856-1857. The congregation of the MacNab Street Presbyterian Church formed as on offshoot of the Knox Free Church located on James & Cannon Streets.
64 Aberdeen Avenue Undercliffe
Undercliffe is made entirely of cut stone and sits on a very large double lot, although the original lot was much larger. The lot was severed several times.
Conservatory of Music
The Hamilton Conservatory of Music building was built here in 1905 after operations outgrew the original location, a rented building at Main and Charles. The Conservatory closed in 1980, but the building was saved and the Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts opened here in 1998.
Doors Pub est. 1993 - 56 Hess South was built in 1852 by a contractor & quarry owner, Robert McElroy
917 8th Concession W
Stone house at 917 8th Concession Road, west of Strabane. It was built in 1880 by John Robertson. This house feature Aberdeen bond stonework.
Ancaster Old Mill
The present Old Mill was constructed in 1863, on the same location as previous mills. This flour mill harnessed the power of Ancaster Creek.
The stone Brandon House located at the corner of Wilson Street East and Rousseaux Street.
Cathedral of Christ the King
Christ the King Cathedral opened in 1933. It was designed by local architects Hutton and Souter and built by the Pigott Construction Company. The was a major fire here in 1981, which destroyed much of the original interior woodwork.
Christs Church Cathedral
Christ's Church Cathedral is located on James Street North in the Beasley Neighbourhood. The current building is the second church to stand in this location and was built between 1853 and 1875.
The old Foundry in Ancaster.
Foxbar was likely built in the 1840s in the Italianate style. It is located south of Governor's Road and overlooks Spencer Creek in Dundas.
The Hermitage was a mansion built in Ancaster in 1855. The house was destroyed by fire in 1934. The ruins of this mansion exist in the Dundas Valley Conservation area.
Melrose United Church
Built in 1929 and located on the northeast corner of Homewood and Locke. One of Locke Street's many beautiful churches.
Old Stone Chimney Ruins
The ruins of an old stone chimney is located just above the parking lot of Tiffany Falls in the forest. Made from local stone, it also has an internal structure made from brick.
Raspberry Farm Silo
The stone remains of the Raspberry Farm Silo at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
Located on Forest Avenue. Also known as Quarrington House, Rastrick House was the home of architect Frederick Rastrick.
Built in 1848 and originally owned by Alexander Carpenter of the Gurney and Carpenter foundry company. It was later known as Rannoch Lodge, being renamed by Thomas Patterson MP.
St Johns Church
St. Johns Church was built in the late Gothic Revival style in 1869.
Stinson Street School
The original Stinson Street School was built in 1894-1895. The building was designed by local architect Alfred W. Peene in a Romanesque Revival style inspired by American Architect Henry Hobson Richardson.
The Marr Phillipo House
The Marr Phillipo House is a historic stone house located on Wilson Street East in Ancaster, Ontario.
The Union Hotel
The Union Hotel was located on Wilson Street East in Ancaster, Ontario.
Tiffany Creek Tunnel
The historic tunnel under Wilson Street as it goes down the escarpment which allows Tiffany Creek to pass under.
Tuckett Mansion (Scottish Rite)
Completed in 1896 for George Elias Tuckett, founder of Tuckett Tobacco and the 27th mayor of Hamilton. The Tuckett Mansion is now the meeting place of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.