Anshe Sholom Synagogue
The first Jewish Congregation in Hamilton was Anshe Sholom; most members of the congregation were from Germany. In 1874 the women of Anshe Sholom formed the Deborah Ladies Aid Society, the first women's Canadian Jewish charity.
Eventually following a wave of immigrants in the late 1800's, including many Orthodox Jews, the congregation split and the Beth Jacob congregation was formed in 1883.
The synagogue is now located at 215 Cline Ave N.