Jewish Youth Centre & Talmud Torah
The Jewish Youth Centre had many homes over the years. It was a place where youth could gather to socialize, play sports, study the Torah and learn Yiddish. During the 30's it cost approximately .25 - .50 cents for a membership.
Ohev Zedeck Hess Street Shul
This building formerly housed Ohev Zedeck or Hess Street Shul . The building was renovated and renamed the Church of Jesus Christ and is now the House of Peace Church.
Adas Israel Anshe Sfard Synagogue
Adas Israel, an Orthodox congregation, was formed by immigrants from central Poland and Galicia. In 1914 they adopted the name Adas Israel Anshe Poilen, also known as the Cannon Street Shul. The synagogue is now located at 125 Cline Ave S in Hamilton.
Anshe Sholom Synagogue
The first Jewish Congregation in Hamilton was Anshe Sholom at Augusta and Hughson. The synagogue is now located at 215 Cline Ave N.
Ferguson Avenue Shul
The Ferguson Avenue shul, known as the "Broigasa Shul", was called the angry shul. If somebody couldn't get along with people in their shul, they went there.
International Press Printers
International Press Printers was established by Henry Balinson in 1911. Henry was the publisher and the printer creating the only Yiddish newspaper in Hamilton