MacNab Street Presbyterian Church
Built in 1856-1857. The congregation of the MacNab Street Presbyterian Church formed as on offshoot of the Knox Free Church located on James & Cannon Streets. A small church was built on this location in 1854, but attendance rose so dramatically that a new church was needed almost immediately. It is not clear which architect designed this building, but possibilities include Albert Hills or William Thomas. Notable persons who attended this church include Isaac Buchanan, the builder of Auchmar Estate. It was Buchanan who laid the cornerstone of this church in 1856. The McQuesten family of nearby Whitehern also attended this church.