Historically significant places of worship. These include Churches, Cathedrals, Temples, Mosques and Synagogues.
Central Presbyterian Church
Central Presbyterian Church is located on the corner of Caroline and Charlton. The building was designed by architect John M. Lyle and built in 1908.
MacNab Street Presbyterian Church
Built in 1856-1857. The congregation of the MacNab Street Presbyterian Church formed as on offshoot of the Knox Free Church located on James & Cannon Streets.
St Pauls Presbyterian Church
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church was originally called St. Andrew's. The current building was erected between 1854 and 1857.
Ohev Zedeck Hess Street Shul
This building formerly housed Ohev Zedeck or Hess Street Shul . The building was renovated and renamed the Church of Jesus Christ and is now the House of Peace Church.
St Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church
St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church was built in the East End of Hamilton in 1974. It sits at the northwest corner of Barton Street East and Division Street. It was built in a Serbo-Byzantine Style.
Cathedral of Christ the King
Christ the King Cathedral opened in 1933. It was designed by local architects Hutton and Souter and built by the Pigott Construction Company. The was a major fire here in 1981, which destroyed much of the original interior woodwork.
Centenary United Church
Located on Main Street West at MacNab Street. This building, in the Victorian-Romanesque style, opened in 1868 as Centenary Methodist Church.
Christs Church Cathedral
Christ's Church Cathedral is located on James Street North in the Beasley Neighbourhood. The current building is the second church to stand in this location and was built between 1853 and 1875.
St Johns Church
St. Johns Church was built in the late Gothic Revival style in 1869.
St Marys Roman Catholic Pro Cathedral
St Mary's Roman Catholic Church was erected in 1860 as the Cathedral of the Bishop of Hamilton. In 1921, when the Cathedral of Christ the King was erected, St Mary's became the Pro-Cathedral.
St. Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church
This steepled brick edifice was erected in 1882 as St. Paul's Baptist Church, later rededicated as St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, and finally rededicated as the current St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Stewart Memorial Church
In 1905 the wooden African Methodist Episcopal Church was rebuilt in brick in the Gothic-Revival style, and renamed Stewart Memorial.
Temple Anshe Sholom
Temple Anshe Sholom was built in Westdale, on Cline Street, in 1951 by architect Joseph Singer.